A Grimm Audition

Auditions for Ava High School’s Play

Students line up on the stage to participate in theatre games during the auditions.

Rebecca Harris

As kids, many of us have grown up with a few treasured fairy tales from our childhood. In April, you will once again see these fabled stories, though with a much darker twist, come to life in Ava High School’s performance of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon. The play consists of 209 stories by the Grimm brothers that will all run together to create one great show.

Auditions for The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon was moved from Thursday, January 5th, to Monday and Tuesday of the following week due to inclement weather. The auditions ran from 4 to 5:30 on Monday and 3:30 to 5 on Tuesday. During the auditions, actors and actresses showed off their skills by acting out scenes from the play. They then performed these skits in front of Mrs.Wolfskill and their peers. After each one had performed their scenes, they played theatre games in order to show their range of acting.

Overall, those who came had an amazing time auditioning for a part in The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon, which will be performed on April 6, 7, and 8. We have a great cast this year as the following people have been cast in the play: Belle Giorgianni, Cleo Stafford, Dakota Hathcock, Jasmine Nelson, Katie Boergert, Ashton Stanton, Emily Bailey, Anne-Marie Wright, Calista Giorgianni, Chantelle Bishop, Lukas Cavanaugh, Chris Gramling, Kaylee Nettles, Hannah Griffith, Rebecca Harris, and Kylie Cook.

Share on Google+Pin on PinterestTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someoneShare on Facebook