Gotta Go!

Attendance at AHS

Lacy Diel

BEEP! BEEP!  The alarm is squealing, you are exhausted, and all you want to do is lay in bed and catch up on the last week of sleep you missed out on! Oh but wait it is Monday and you are supposed to be getting ready for school. You suddenly consider your options and then roll back over and go to sleep. So what does that mean for you? Any consequences due to this decision to get some sleep?  

According to the Ava High School Attendance Policy, “Students will be expected to makeup all  assignments from missed classes regardless of whether an absence is excused or unexcused. All  work must be completed within three (3) school days after returning from the absence. All Out-of-School suspension work can be made up; however, the student will    receive 50% of the grade earned. Attendance and participation are part of a successful    learning experience, so students with nine (9) absences or more in any class during a semester, could be issued  an  academic penalty by loss of credit for that class.”

The attendance policy states that after the 9th absence you lose complete credit for that class. Say you contracted mono and you had to be out of school for two weeks, what would you do? Well lucky for you there are somethings you can do! Bears Den allows you to make up attendance after school. You must talk with Mr. Houk and have a teacher fill out the blue attendance sheet in order to meet the requirements. So the next time you hear the alarm go off maybe you will think twice about the hoops you will have to jump through and then simply just jump out of bed!