College Mania

Ava High School Hosts a Regional College Fair

Back to Article
Back to Article

College Mania

The Ava High School Gymnasium was full of excellent college options for students.

Kaitlyn Rowe

Kaitlyn Rowe

Kaitlyn Rowe

Rebecca Harris

It’s here again, the scary time where seniors face the pressures of colleges, tuitions, and scholarships. Oh my! With so much stress over high school, how can anyone even think about college without dissolving into a mess of tears? Luckily our great staff at Ava High School had a solution to our problems. Why go to colleges, when colleges can come to you?

On Wednesday, September 7, over forty college representatives traveled to Douglas County to participate in Ava High School’s 2016-2017 College Fair. Colleges across the state gathered together at our school to speak to our juniors and seniors about their programs and education. Students had a wide range of places to look at, from cosmetology to the marines, that provided a variety of options to help find the right place for them. Supplied with brochures and applications, our students left with a clearer grasp of their future and were more prepared than before.

Thank you to the colleges that attended our event and to those of you who tried to make it. We hope that you had a great time at Ava High School and will come back next year and the following years to come. Also, thank you to our amazing staff that helped organize and plan for our College Fair. This was a wonderful experience for our students and we hope that it was just as wonderful for all who that came!