One More Month

(Though it Feels like a Decade)

Just a couple more weeks, and the Class of 2017 will have graduated!

Rebecca Harris

Yes, you read that title correctly. Only one more month and a couple of days till the end of the school year, which means graduation is slowly inching closer. For all those procrastinators out there, that means it’s crunch time. Not only are you going to have to worry about finishing your high school year, but you also have life after high school to stress about. Luckily, there is a list of things you should have done, or be getting done, before May comes around so that you don’t forget about them. Unfortunately, the task of getting these things finished are up to you.

Be prepared for a lot of hard work and late nights to do their best in college..An idea of what they want to major in…also helps prepare them in the long run.”

— Samantha Harris

For College-Bound Students:

• Fill out the FAFSA (at fafsa.ed.gov)
  • Apply for college if you still haven’t done that (and if applications are still open)
  • Fill out any and ALL scholarships.
  • Visit your college campus.

Samantha Harris, Ava High School graduate of 2016, gave this advice for college-bound students. “Be prepared for a lot of hard work and late nights to do their best in college..An idea of what they want to major in…also helps prepare them in the long run.”

For Career-Bound Students:

• Know the requirements of your chosen career.
  • Try getting a job or internship in your field or in a similar field relating to your career choice.
  • Participate in community service and activities that will look good on a resume.