Miss Merry Christmas 2017

The Nutcracker

Hunter Watson, Online Content Editor

Every year Anchor Club hosts a fabulous pageant open to all female members of Ava High School. Each contestant represents a club or group within the school, and every year the pageant has a different theme. This year’s theme was The Nutcracker!

Anchor Club rounded up a committee of members to organize the event: Claire Fossett, Haley Herrera, Hailey Herel, Lauren Mendel, Misty Young, Jasmine Nelson, and Abigail Hasley. These Anchor Club members set the date, made the decorations, created the set, and organized the pageant itself into something magical.

This year’s contestants and their clubs were: Chantelle Bishop (Pep Club), Maddie Curtis (Newspaper),  Nichole Degage (FCCLA), Bell Giorgianni (Concert Choir), Calista Giorgianni (Tri-M),  Layla Giorgianni (Mixed Chorus), Camryn Lee (FCA), Emily Little (NHS), Eden Little (Anchor Club), Kennedy Meyer (FFA), Jasmine Nelson (Key Club), Rachel Taylor (Band), and Hunter Watson (Drama Department).

The pageant was held on December 3rd, at 2:00 p.m, and the cost to get in was $1 per student and $3 for adults. There were two impartial judges, Mr, and Mrs. Devoss, who determined the winner, runner up, and second runner up. All the contestants were given a shirt to commemorate this event. Committee Member Claire Fossett had this to say about the theme, “I think the theme is very fun, and it’s a good choice because we know how to decorate for it.”

This year’s winners were 2nd Runner Up Hunter Watson, 1st Runner Up Rachel Taylor, and Miss Merry Christmas herself was Maddie Curtis.