Thanksgiving in NYC

Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade

+Maddie%2C+Belle%2C+and+Calista+are+getting+a+fast+picture+before+they+go+to+line+up+to+march+in+the+Macy%E2%80%99s+Thanksgiving+Day+Parade.++%0A
 Maddie, Belle, and Calista are getting a fast picture before they go to line up to march in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Maddie Curtis, Reporter

New York City is a very popular place. They are known for a lot of cool and amazing places. They also have lots of events that take place during the holidays. The “Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade” is one of the biggest events. The day of the parade, millions of people start to gather around the streets of NYC around Three A.M.. The parade has about 2.5 million people on the streets and over 5 million at home around the world watching it. It is the biggest parade on television as of right now. Its running time is 2 hours long. One of the performers in the parade is Macy’s very own marching band. There are thousands of kids from across the United States that audition to be part of this band and AHS had three of their very own make it. Maddie Curtis, Belle Giorgianni and Calista Giorgianni were all selected. The audition process consists of sending in a recording of a solo you have prepared, and sending in a $25 admission fee.

When the students arrive at NYC on November 18, they get picked up from the train station or the airport and then they are shuttled to the hotel in New Jersey. The first day is a city day. You get to eat at a popular restaurant and shop around a lot. The next day consists of a nine hour rehearsal and a nice dinner at the hotel that night. The next day is another rehearsal and a leadership seminar at the hotel. The following day is another rehearsal time and then a Broadway musical and a nice dinner at Dave and Busters sports restaurant. Wednesday and Thursday are basically one day. You have lights out 11:00 P.M. and your wake-up call is at 1:45 A.M.. After that, you go to Herald Square and have fast paced rehearsal and then you get breakfast at Hard Rock Cafe. After the parade ends, you get to go back to the hotel for a nice lunch and you have the option to sleep or hangout with all the people you have to say goodbye to the next day. That night, you end the amazing week with a dinner/dance party that goes on until 10:00 P.M. After lights out, you must wake up at 4:00 A.M. for your wake-up call and to check out to get on your shuttle that takes you to your airport. The parade is something you will never experience again, but the friends and memories you make is something you will never forget.

Share on Google+Pin on PinterestTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someoneShare on Facebook