2018 Ava High School Prom

A Night to Remember

April 14, 2018

Dinner for Prom 2018 was served at the Grey Rocks Event Center in Springfield.

Over 200 students, guests, and chaperones attended the 2018 Ava High School Prom on Saturday, April 7.

Parents and community members gathered in the Ava Performing Arts Center at 4pm for the annual “Promenade” in which every student attendant took a walk in the spotlight on stage prior to loading the buses for the event.  Students were then chauffeured to and from the The Grey Rocks event center in Springfield in 6 shuttles rented from Fisk Limousine Services.
Attendants enjoyed a catered dinner of sautéed chicken, potatoes, green beans, salad, and rolls before moving to the dance floor and dessert bar.  While many students danced, others gathered around fire pits warming the patio area.  Dance music varied from classic oldies to modern top 40 with a few slow songs thrown into the mix.  DJ services were provided by Complete Weddings and Events.
Senior Prom King candidates this year were AJ VanValkenburg, Bailey Bewley, and Joe Balassone while seniors Haylee Hare, Sara Wake, and Rebecca Dudley were the Prom Queen candidates.  Winning the crowns this year were Rebecca Dudley and Joe Balassone.
At 10:30pm the evening transitioned back to the shuttles to take the trip back to Ava High School, where several students took advantage of Archie’s special late night hours and enjoyed a midnight meal with their classmates and friends.

Shuttle busses from FIsk Limo services transported Ava High School Prom attendees from Ava to the event center in Springfield.

Dinner was served at the Grey Rocks Event Center in Springfield.

Local restaurant opens late to welcome Ava High School Prom attendees after a night of dancing.