Daily Announcements

Ava High School

Daily Announcements

Friday, August 30, 2019

Important News & Events:

Attention seniors:  Please respond to the survey that was sent to your school email account.  You have until Thursday to indicate if you prefer a Friday or a Saturday graduation DAY.  Also, please remind your parents to respond to their survey!

If you have misplaced something or lost anything in the hallways, gym, or class stop by the counselors’ office Lost & Found.

Cell Phone Policy Reminder:  Students may have cell phones before school, during lunch, and after school.  At all other times including class time and in between classes, cell phones should be put away and out of sight.  If your cell phone is seen or heard, it will be taken and an office referral will be given.  Please place it in your backpack rather than carrying it.  Thank you!

Tutoring is available in the library.  Math tutoring is available Monday-Wednesday from 3:30-4:30 p.m.  English tutoring is available Thursday from 3:30-4:30 p.m.

If you need help uploading a picture for your September ACT test, see Ms. Taylor

FFA will be selling Mums this Friday, August 30th, and next Friday, September 6th, from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Mums are $10 each and are available in red and yellow!

Fishing Club meeting Tuesday, September 3rd, during 1st lunch in Mr. Lawrence’s room.

Drury University will be here Tuesday, September 10th at 10 AM for any juniors or seniors that are interested in attending. This will be a time where you can pick up information and ask them questions. In order to attend the meeting, come by the counselors’ office to put your name on the sign-up sheet!

The Fleet Reserve Association is sponsoring the Americanism Essay Contest for interested students from 7th grade through 12th grade.  We have a sponsor from Springfield who is interested in having Ava students apply.  The theme is “What My Vote Will Mean to Me,” and the essay must be less than 350 words.  For more information please see your English teacher!

5th Quarter is tonight from 9-11, directly after the football game! Come join us for a night full of fun as we gather at Cross Point Church for food, yuck wrestling, and basketball. Make sure you have arrangements to be picked up at 11 PM if you do not drive there. Can’t wait to see you there!

Sports and Activities:

Home Football Game tonight, 7 PM

Happy Birthday to the Following Student:

Macee Cutbirth

Happy Early Birthday to the Following Students:

Zachary Richards, Kaitlyn Graf, & Lauren Johnson

Have a fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend!

Do something today that your future self will thank you for.”

#BeYOU